EOLIS Commitment Pledge
A strong ethical compass
EOLIS's Commitment Pledge sets forth the Company's Code of Ethical Conduct and serves as the foundation on which the Company has built its operations and relationships with EOLIS's clients, candidates, project partners, directors, licensees, affiliated consultants, agents, and representatives.
EOLIS conducts its business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism and holds itself responsible, not only for meeting applicable legal requirements, but also for adopting exemplary practices--in attorney search and vetting projects, for corporate boards, law firm partnerships, and C-suite roles; likewise for attorney career transition services assignments, and related legal marketplace consulting services. We welcome your feedback - anytime.
• EOLIS optimizes legal talent in law firms, other service businesses, and corporate and institutional settings, including a substantial client base of corporate boards of directors and government agencies--domestic and international--with a Commitment Pledge of a strong moral compass and pursuit of excellence.
• EOLIS sets the example as an equal opportunity employer, presenting legal talent without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender, handicap, age, or any other legally proscribed criteria and is committed to the language and spirit of all applicable EEO laws and is a leader in diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• EOLIS policies intend to meet or exceed legal obligations under applicable statutes, regulations, and ordinances. Moreover, EOLIS policies do not supersede or replace any of the Company’s contractual obligations as detailed in our mutually signed retainer-based engagements.
• EOLIS supports environmental awareness, social responsibility, and best practices in corporate governance.
For the avoidance of doubt, the EOLIS Commitment Pledge reflects the Company's good faith and "best efforts."
RELATIONS WITH EMPLOYER CLIENTS
• The information provided to clients falls within the following parameters: the most complete, accurate, relevant information, in accordance with EOLIS's obligations of confidentiality in the matter.
• Vettng reports pertaining to individual lawyers and law firms are conducted in keeping with applicable laws including federal statutes, state laws, and local regulations and ordinances.
• Formal reference inquiries in connection with employment, partnerships, corporate directorships, etc. are conducted only upon written consent of the individual and in conformance with relevant legal requirements.
• EOLIS maintains confidential client information/materials, except in the event of a legal proceeding, in which case EOLIS reserves the right to act on the advice of counsel.
• In its search and recruiting activities, EOLIS refrains from soliciting candidates placed with a client for one year, provided the employer has paid all fees due, per EOLIS's standard fee/guarantee/terms schedule.
• EOLIS refrains from publicizing active clients and specific projects, and/or any other professional relationships except if otherwise publicly known, or with explicit consent, or in connection with a legal proceeding.
RELATIONS WITH INDIVIDUAL CLIENTS
• Information provided to individual clients shall be the most accurate and up-to-date relevant information information known to EOLIS.
• EOLIS shall not withhold employer information known to EOLIS that an individual client would reasonably consider essential to consideration of a transaction with the employer.
• EOLIS's retainer-based engagement letters and placement fee schedules for the introduction/referral of lawyers to employers are provided in advance of appointments between candidates and employers.
• EOLIS's referral of a lawyer to an employer is not reversible.
• EOLIS treats as confidential, all information supplied in confidence by a candidate, subject to EOLIS's legal obligations to the employer, as disclosed beforehand and/or in connection with a legal proceeding.
• EOLIS informs candidates of the results of presentations to clients in accordance with its agreements with the client employer.
• EOLIS shall advocate for a client employer and/or an individual lawyer based on EOLIS's professional opinion of a suitable match, but shall not attempt to exert undue or coercive influence to benefit EOLIS.
RELATIONS AMONG EOLIS AFFILIATES
• EOLIS's affiliated consultants are responsible for conducting their relationships with EOLIS and EOLIS clients and colleagues in a professional and ethical manner and consistent with the EOLIS Commitment Pledge.
• Affiliates shall identify themselves as part of the EOLIS Leadership Team, except if specified otherwise in an agreement between the parties, in connection with a particular assignment.