EOLIS' Commitment Pledge sets forth the Company's Code of Ethical conduct and serves as the foundation on which it has built its operations and relationships with EOLIS' employees, affiliated consultants, agents and representatives.
EOLIS conducts its business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, holding itself responsible not only for meeting applicable legal requirements, but also for setting exemplary practices in attorney search and related legal consulting services. Toward this end, EOLIS conducts a yearly survey of clients, candidates, and business partners who contribute anecdotal reports of their dealings with the industry. We welcome feedback from the legal community and clients of legal services--anytime.
RELATIONS WITH CLIENTS
• Information provided to clients is the most complete and accurate information known to EOLIS, except in the event of a superseding confidentiality obligation.
• No information, which the client would reasonably consider essential to a decision, will be withheld without being advised that EOLIS possesses relevant information that it is not at liberty to disclose. EOLIS alerts clients appropriately, in such circumstances.
• EOLIS refers candidates to clients upon explicit authority to do so.
• Due diligence reports pertaining to individual lawyers are conducted in strict accordance with applicable laws and reference checks for employment may be conducted but only upon written consent of the candidate.
• EOLIS maintains a strict policy of confidentiality of private materials and discussions (so long as it/they are not provided or made public by others) retaining such information in confidence, except to the extent that clients provide information to assist us in making discrete references to our understanding of the client's business. Clients' private financial documentation is not transmitted to others except with prior consent of the client, except in the event required in the course of a legal proceeding.
• EOLIS refrains from recruiting candidates placed with a client as follows:retainer searches for a period of 2 years, hybrid and exclusive searches for a period of 18 months, contingency searches one year. EOLIS also refrains from recruitment of lawyers from any law firm at which EOLIS is engaged in active referrals, for a minimum of 90 days from the last meeting between candidate and employer.
• EOLIS refrains from identifying clients or description of projects that might identify the client, publicly except as specifically agreed or in connection with a legal proceeding.
RELATIONS WITH CANDIDATES
• Information provided to candidates shall be the most accurate information known to EOLIS.
• EOLIS will not withhold employer information, which a candidate would reasonably consider essential to his or her decision, to become employed by that employer, subject to the search firm's duties to the employer.
• Candidates shall be submitted to employers only with the candidates' express prior consent; once a candidate has given such consent, no reversal of consent shall be considered if EOLIS has identified the candidate to the employer.
• A search firm shall treat as confidential all information supplied to it in confidence by a candidate, subject to the search firm's duties to the employer.
• Search firms shall make all submissions which have been authorized by the candidate and shall inform the candidate of the results of those submissions in a timely manner.
• EOLIS will not attempt to exert undue influence or otherwise coerce a candidate into consideration of employment with an EOLIS client, but may advocate for the client based on a professional opinion of the value of the match.
RELATIONS AMONG EOLIS AFFILIATES
• Affiliates shall conduct themselves in all EOLIS related matters in a professional and ethical manner and consistent with the EOLIS Commitment Pledge..
• Affiliates may but are not required to identify themselves as EOLIS affiliates except as specified in a particular assignment.
• EOLIS is an equal opportunity employer. We are deeply committed to the language and spirit of all applicable laws related to equal employment opportunity and the promotion of diversity in the workplace and refers candidates without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sexual preference, marital status, gender, handicap, age, or any other legally proscribed criteria.
• EOLIS policies never intend to cause a conflict with its legal obligations under applicable statutes, regulations and ordinances. Moreover, EOLIS policies do not supersede or replace any of the Company’s contractual obligations as detailed in a written mutually signed agreement.
Note: The EOLIS Commitment Pledge was last reviewed and updated January 11, 2017.